Wednesday, November 18, 2009

step up, step down...and repeat

Yesterday was my 8 week post-op appointment from my ankle surgery. After all the worrying, it all turned out okay. There are a few minor issues, but nothing that won't resolve with time. Now the fun begins...go to the gym and locate those lost muscles.

Wasted no time in hitting the gym. Got home from Detroit at 6:30 and after and hour of tending to the doggies, headed straight for the gym. Its all about the basics right now. Walked a half mile around the track and got amazingly excited. It does not take much to excite me right now. Also worked on stepping up and down off a 4 inch step. This was the highlight of working out last night, it brings back oh so fond memories of rehabbing from knee surgery.

But the highlight of the night is reserved for the hour spent sitting on the floor of my closet trying on all of my shoes. It was so exciting to be able to wear both the right and left shoe that trying all my shoes on seemed to be a logical thing to do. The huge grin could not be dislodged from my face the entire night...it was pure bliss.

No comments: