Saturday, December 5, 2009

I believe in me

What an amazingly positive week. Every day has felt better and better. The pain in my toes is almost completely gone. Every now and then I get a slight bit of pain when I push off from my toes, but this is nothing compared to what it was even just a week ago. My toes were at risk for being removed a week ago.

All in all the pain is pretty much gone in my ankle. For the first time in 4 months my ankle is pain free and feeling good. There is definately an end in sight for all of this. I am even back to walking faster than everyone. On Wednesday my dad and I went to South Bend to search for new house furniture. My current mission is to start to replace my furniture piece by piece in the style that reflects my personality. We were in Value City Furniture roaming up and down the aisles and my dad kept telling me to slow down. It was nice to be able to walk faster than others once again!

So, the house project...If I were rich I would just go to the store and buy everything I need. But thats not an option, so its going to have to be piece by piece. My kitchen is pretty much the way I want it. My living room and bedroom are the next up to be redone. My couch is being replaced with two red leather chairs. I am getting ready to paint my walls white and then add geometric shapes for effect. the shapes will be bold colors. The coffee table is being replaced with a black leather ottoman/storage box. As for my bedroom...I hate wood and I hate antique. My new bed is a black platform bed. I need to find a new dresser as the current one is wood and antique. The only problem is that its my sisters old dresser and I cannot fully part with it. So I will put it in my guest bedroom. All of this is still a work in progress, but I am excited about all of it.

The other exciting thing? I am finally back in school!!!!!!!!! It only took nearly two years for me to make up my mind. Actually, its more accurate to say that it only took my entire lifetime for me to be confident enough with myself to actually follow my dreams. When I was in 9th grade our class did a career unit. The culmination of the unit was to write "Career" papers. I wrote mine on being a Doctor. But, I have never really believed that I could actually do something like that. The truth being is that my self-esteem was always very low.

My councelor and I have been working on how I can be more confident in myself as a person. The past few months have been trying, but at the same time I feel like strides have been made in this area. For the first time in my life I really do believe that this is something I can do. Its more than just believing that I am smart enough to go to Medical School, its something so much deeper. Its a feeling of believing that I can be me and that is enough.

So, me is back in school. Me is taking pre-med classes beginning in January. Me was an English major (can you tell based on my 'correct' use of me :)) I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But again, this is more than just believing that I have what it takes to be a Doctor...this is believing in me in every aspect of my life.

Yeah, its cool! :)

No comments: