Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bring It...

Tomorrow is the day. I am not nervous as I have been down this road far too many times before. I do dread it because I know the hard work and pain that lies ahead of me. But, this is not going to be about a pity party. There are far worse things to worry about in life and this is just a minor detour.

I dealt with the nerves and anxious feeling today by attacking my house with paper towels and clorox bleach. Its amazing what a little bit of wiping and a lot of sweeping will do to a house. My house looks the best it has ever looked and I honestly did not think about my surgery all day today. Too bad I did not think of this form of stress relief before this surgery. :)

I am leaving at 8:00 tomorrow and have to be at the Surgery Center by noon, not totally sure when the exact surgery time is. The surgery is outpaitent, but I plan to get a hotel in Detroit with my mom tomorrow night. Due to my history of throwing up after surgery when just coming home from Lakeland...my mom will much appreciate the hotel and not a three hour car ride with me puking every 20 seconds.

Mostly I have to say that I am just happy to finally be getting this problem fixed. I miss running, biking, lifting weights, swimming, yoga, pilates, and going for walks. If this is what I need to do to get back to all of that, then BRING IT ON! :)

No comments: